Walking through some ideas and concepts for building a Marble Color Sorter.
Attention : For those of you who struggle to get correct results with recent versions :
Turn off Linear Workflow in your Project Settings !!
– Using Mograph’s Internal Color system instead of Materials to control the Colors of clones.
– Using a Gradient in the Mograph Shader Effector to handpick specific Colors and control the random distribution.
– Setting up User Data for easy access
– Iterating through the clones
– Using the Motion Graphics Data Node to read the Color of each separate clone
– Using the COFFEE node for multiple simple “if statements” (if the color of a clone equals a specific color then trigger an event)
– Using the Dynamics Body State node to execute a dynamic event (trigger Angular Velocity)
End Result : The randomly assigned color of a marble controls into which direction it rolls.
The concepts presented in this screencast can be used for a wide range of applications.
To anybody curious enough for watching this :
There’s no audio, so feel free to ask any questions if something’s not clear.
I’ll be happy to try and help you out.
Video Created: 2011-05-12 01:50:23
cinema 4d,c4d,mograph,xpresso,coffee,marble run,dynamics